livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Farmstead Wanted in Northeast Ohio

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Jerome Rigot <rigot.3@osu.edu>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Farmstead Wanted in Northeast Ohio
  • Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 16:47:23 -0400

Hi Paul,

Thank you for the links. I already knew of OEFFA and I put an ad in their newsletter as well.

Regarding farming with others, I have actually put a great deal of thought into it, I have read and discussed quite a bit on various possibilities, and it actually might be the realistic and workable way to go.

Many people feel they cannot do it all by themselves, or have only some of the skills required, or want the possibility to have vacations, or work an outside job, or don't have the money, etc..., and if there was a way to get together with others to share farming obligations, that might make it actually an attractive way to make happen a dream that otherwise might just stay that.  It may not be the traditional approach to homestead, but nowadays, why not try?

Anyway, I'll try the various other resources you listed.

Thanks, Jerome