livingontheland - [Livingontheland] Farmstead Wanted in Northeast Ohio

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Jerome Rigot <rigot.3@osu.edu>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Livingontheland] Farmstead Wanted in Northeast Ohio
  • Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 13:51:54 -0400

Hello all, I don't know if this posting is appropriate for this list, but we are having such hard time find anything, I thought I would try it. If any of you know of any other lists where this posting would be perhaps more appropriate, please forward it or let me know. Thanks, Jerome

Farmstead Wanted in Northeast Ohio - Small family looking for land (15-30 acres) with farmhouse and barn. If you are considering retirement or are unable to farm, don’t want to sell but would like to keep your farm active, we are looking for land to grow organic/biodynamic veggies, fruits and nuts, and raise small livestock (sheep and goats) for artisan cheese making.
We have limited funds, but we could perhaps help each other, as we are looking for some type of long-term land caretaker/stewardship agreement, that would allow you to preserve your land and keep your farm active and healthy, and would enable us to farm. Of course, our funds would then serve to buy livestock, set-up the cheese-making dairy and to repair existing infrastructure.
However, we would also consider getting together with other families with a similar vision to buy and farm together. Finally, we would perhaps consider a lease to own or buying if the price is reasonable, . Please contact Jerome at rigot.3@osu.edu, 330-202-3555 X2750 (w) or 330-925-1423 (h).