livingontheland - [Livingontheland] Subject: Re: Pastoral ideas and Dead Cow Walking

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "TamesonOB" <tamesonob@metrocast.net>
  • To: <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Livingontheland] Subject: Re: Pastoral ideas and Dead Cow Walking
  • Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 19:29:39 -0400

I definitely do not agree with your very negative view of corporate.

Nor do I.

I think it is. If corporation is defined by "incorporation", then a
corporation is any group that is joined together in order to exploit
people
through the use of regulations, coercion, deception, or marketing,

Hmmm, that's not what the dictionary says.

American Heritage
1.. A body that is granted a charter recognizing it as a separate legal entity having its own rights, privileges, and liabilities distinct from those of its members.
Incidentally my Dad had to incorporate his business (heating contractor consisting of my Dad my Mom and one hired man) in order to protect him from losing the house to some idiot who burns his house down because he didn't follow directions. It's a protection required more often in this litigious society to keep small business owners from being exploited. I think you're being a bit harsh in your definition.

Tameson

  • [Livingontheland] Subject: Re: Pastoral ideas and Dead Cow Walking, TamesonOB, 10/10/2006