livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Coupla replies and stuff

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "TamesonOB" <tamesonob@metrocast.net>
  • To: <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Coupla replies and stuff
  • Date: Sat, 5 Aug 2006 13:13:28 -0400

Art, that is so sad about your bugs.

I read in one of my permaculture boks about this couple of guys who fixed up their place a bit, which caused some beavers to move in, but they didn't shoo the beavers away like most people would, and because of the beavers more bugs and fish and toads and all sorts of other critters moved in and soon they had a full ecosystem going on in their back yard. I wonder what could be your tipping point for bringing back the bugs. What kind of spraying are they doing? If it's arial, there's proabbly not a whole lot you can do about it, but if it's a neighbor or a municipal truck you could probably stand 'em down - can all of you just envision that? Art chasing down the munipal bug spray truck hollering them "I told you to git!". LOL Oh I crack myself up.

I never really though of the abundance of bugs I have in my house as a blessing (more of a respectful cohabitaion), but asfter reading about your lack of bugs I guess I do feel blessed.

Tameson in wet, soggy, buggy NH