livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Coupla replies and stuff

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Cheri Shelnutt <cshel4@adelphia.net>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Coupla replies and stuff
  • Date: Sat, 5 Aug 2006 07:20:31 -0400

I'll send it anywhere in the US :)
Cheri
TN

On Aug 4, 2006, at 10:31 PM, TamesonOB wrote:

You can buy Lady Bugs and turn them loose in your garden...

This totally cracks me up evertime I see somone say this. Ladybugs just LOVE
my house and will travel from miles around to overwinter in my bedroom.They
like cool dark places to overwinter and my bedroom is just that (Hubby is a
"hot body" and can't stand it over 40 degrees and he works at 2 am so we
have an extensive lightblocking curtain system going on in the windows -
Ladybug wintertime haven). It's gotten to the point in the last few years
that I think window casings look odd without a swarm of ladybugs napping
above it.

As I stated earlier - I would be glad to send comfrey roots to anyone who
would like them

Cheri - is it OK to send them out of state (like to me?) Can't have too much
diversity in the garden you know

but the sunflower could not get enough nitrogen, so it was only 2 feet
high. And the flowers were only 3 inches wide!!

Noma that's a riot. Did all the other flowers pick on the poor runty
sunflowers?

Feeling punchy - it past my bedtime

Tameson