livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] commune way of living

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: mtncats@planetcomm.net
  • To: "Healthy soil and sustainable growing" <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] commune way of living
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 23:05:53 -0400

Hi Paul,

Here you go: http://www.twinoaks.org/ Not primarily agricultural, but
otherwise... Since '67.

We spent several months on an Israeli kibbutz, founded in 1923, still working
today if the rockets missed. And only the third oldest one there. It
qualified under all your requisites. I worked in groves, orchards, chicken
production and a dairy. And learned we aren't particularly community-minded.

I've read about similar organizations, much younger, in Italy and Spain.

Tom (not far from Twin Oaks)