livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] composting, no-till, etc

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "TradingPostPaul" <tradingpost@riseup.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] composting, no-till, etc
  • Date: Thu, 06 Jul 2006 06:41:08 -0600

For my part, no-till is about what works, rather than some philosophy out
of la-la land. Yes, we're interfering in the natural process when we plant
or harvest, but we're a part of the food chain as much as cattle grazing
grass - aren't we? At the same time we're supposed to be more intelligent
than bovines in our use of the land, and forsee ecological consequences and
not graze our species to extinction.

paul, tradingpost@riseup.net

--Henry David Thoreau