livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] composting, no-till, etc

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Greg and April" <gregandapril@earthlink.net>
  • To: "Healthy soil and sustainable growing" <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] composting, no-till, etc
  • Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2006 22:16:41 -0600

Agreed, there is going to be a learning curve.

OTOH, if it is so steep that a farmer is not seeing some kind of positive results in 5 years, there is a problem somewhere, I just don't believe that it can all be placed at the feet of the farmer in question.

Was No Till given so much hype that the farmer expected instant results? To a lesser degree, this happened to me, when I started gardening.
Was the farmer in question, taught the proper methods? There are a lot of people saying things that don't always agree.
Did he have enough time to learn what he was not taught? Pending bills can have allot of influence on a farming method, if you are trying to do something different.

Like you said, the Devil in in the details, but, it's not right to blame a man if he fails in doing what people think he should be able to understand and accomplish, more so if it was due reasons beyond his control. At least he tried, which is more that others do, .

Greg H.

----- Original Message ----- From: "TradingPostPaul" <tradingpost@riseup.net>