livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Mycorrhizae - where on the list does it go?

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "TradingPostPaul" <tradingpost@riseup.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Mycorrhizae - where on the list does it go?
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 05:15:16 -0600

I haven't had to remediate high salt content, but others may have more on
that. Apparently Michael Melendrez solved it but if it were me I wouldn't
look for the most challenging soil to begin with. If the object is getting
started growing as soon and as productively as possible, the best start may
be to avoid the worst soil and move on. As food transportation and water
costs keep rising, people in terrible growing areas may begin to question
where they're living. Still, growing for home use on a small scale - a few
hundred square feet - can be done almost anywhere with enough climate
protection, water, compost and other amendments. But that's more time and
work invested up front. I accept that not everybody can grow everywhere,
but millions more can and should.

paul, tradingpost@riseup.net