livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Mycorrhizae - natural techniques for increasing?

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Soilsecrets@aol.com
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Mycorrhizae - natural techniques for increasing?
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2006 14:02:24 EDT

In a message dated 6/19/2006 8:25:03 A.M. Mountain Standard Time, tradingpost@riseup.net writes:
Greg Bell
Hi Greg,

Your statement sounds logical and we did expect to find the plants on any given site to be mycorrhizal, but the fact remains that when sites are evaluated across the country this is not the case.  Almost without exception when farm soils, golf courses, peoples home yards, parks and even Certified Organic Farms are evaluated for the presence of mycorrhizal plants it is found to be either missing entirely or very weak.  This is one of the reasons why the 50,000 plus papers of research that have been published on the effectiveness of mycorrhizae inoculation have concluded a benefit can be found.  I've seen this benefit time and time again when an organic farmer let us do a trial inoculation on a plot of land, the results were very obvious to all concerned.  The farmer ends up letting us inoculate the rest of the farm.

Dr. Michael