livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Mycorrhizae - where on the list does it go?

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "TradingPostPaul" <tradingpost@riseup.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Mycorrhizae - where on the list does it go?
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2006 21:06:35 -0600

Growers grow plants; plants grow mycorrhizae - most grasses, most plants,
esp legumes, all in soil with good organic matter levels. I'd try to
explain this way: you don't "work our way down the list over time". You
practice all the soil building approaches all the time, that we've gone
over, and Nature takes care of the details. All those problems or issues
you list are taken care of.

After all, the planet has been growing vegetation for millions of years
without any experts telling it how. I like the line, "the deep and dark
blue ocean rolled on long before Byron told it to".

paul, tradingpost@riseup.net

The outstanding scientific discovery of the twentieth century is not
television, or radio, but rather the complexity of the land organism. Only
those who know the most about it can appreciate how little we know about
it.
- Aldo Leopold in Round River, 1933