livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Compost tea and bugs in a jug

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: moabgail@frontiernet.net
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Compost tea and bugs in a jug
  • Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2006 21:14:33 +0000

Quoting Steve Diver <steved@ipa.net>:

They support my statements that compost teas provide a spectrum
of beneficial microbes, microbial activity, and microbial metabolites
as well as soluble nutrients and bioactive substances like humic
and fulvic acid, plant growth hormones, and related plant growth
promoting substances.

Thanks to both of you for posting this discussion.

I have a question. I water my raised beds with well water using a garden hose. Would top dressing the beds with finished compost then watering through the compost provide benefits similar to brewing then applying compost tea?

Gail