livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Compost tea and bugs in a jug

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Mark Nagel <activism98201@verizon.net>
  • To: Soilsecrets@aol.com, livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Compost tea and bugs in a jug
  • Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2006 11:56:29 -0500 (CDT)

I'd like to point out that not everything that's not sanctioned by science is
necessarily incorrect or without merit. Fukuoka's methodologies weren't
exactly sanctioned by mainstream agriculture, yet he is perhaps one of the
world's greatest natural (organic) farmers.

Granted, science provides us with repeatability. But sometimes this
repeatability is a problem (results in Jevons Paradox scenarios [read "highly
exploited"]).

I'd also like to point out that we don't know as much as we think we do. The
discovery of the importance of glomalin in just 1996 is a good
reminder/example of this...

-Mark Nagel
Everett, WA

Michael -

Alas, I had crafted a long response but my computer crashed.

At this point let me share two citations.

[snip]