labruscagrape - Re: [OFEX] grinding--an apple miller

labruscagrape@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Ontario Fruit Explorers

  • From: "bert dunn" <helbert@idirect.com>
  • To: "Ontario Fruit Explorers" <labruscagrape@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [OFEX] grinding--an apple miller
  • Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2006 09:03:58 -0500

Hello Biz
Not sure if you have finalized the grinder problem.
My first grinder was a 4" x 4" post. with apples in a carefully scrubbed
garbage can. All 3 of us are still alive.
My late f-i-l then built an apple miller for me powered by a 1/2 horse. I f
you or your husband are included to carpentry, you could do as one friend of
mine did. He came, took many pictures of mine, went home & replicated it
over the winter.
This same miller is used for grapes, rhubarb. Cheers
Bert

Bert Dunn Box 352 Schomberg LOG1T0 1-905-880-4453