labruscagrape - Re: [OFEX] Wal-mart Wine

labruscagrape@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Ontario Fruit Explorers

  • From: "Thomas Olenio" <tolenio@sentex.net>
  • To: "Ontario Fruit Explorers" <labruscagrape@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [OFEX] Wal-mart Wine
  • Date: Tue, 07 Nov 2006 07:11:39 -0500

Joe,

The biggest ingrediant in wine is "patience". Other than that you only need a few odds and ends, and the simple instructions Bert can provide.

Look at sweet cider vs hard cider.... the only difference is time. Otherwise it happens all by itself (natural yeast is already in there).

You can buy thousands of dollars of equipment, tons of chemicals, but you don't need them.

All you need is a bucket (primary fermenter), glass bottle (carboy), a siphon hose, and a pack of yeast.

Jesus used even less equipment, but he was a special case.

Start with a small batch 2 gallon bucket, 1 gallon carboy, and grapes from the market. If you do not want to start with fruit, buy fruit juice from the organic section (no chemicals to prevent yeast from replicating).

All you really need is patience. Bert taught me that, and he was 100% correct.

[Think about fruit wine. Fruit that is not cold killed in our zone]

Later,