labruscagrape - Re: [OFEX] Wal-mart Wine

labruscagrape@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Ontario Fruit Explorers

  • From: "John Barbowski" <jbarbowski@hotmail.com>
  • To: labruscagrape@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [OFEX] Wal-mart Wine
  • Date: Tue, 07 Nov 2006 05:32:54 +0000

Hi Joe,

I get my juice from Darrigo's at St Clair Av W and Caledonia Rd. Their Santa Clara stock has been out since May - but alas, a new shippment is suppose to be delivered in two days, Wed. Nov 8th. I have been enquiring weekly for the last month.

If I can remember correctly, they have 6-8 varieties, reds and whites; but I only notice the Cab Sauv. It is brewed the same way that you would brew pressed juice: regenerate the yeast, add to the juice in an carboy and watch it go to work. Most of the solids are filtered out, there is minimal residue, and I never rack. The price was $62 for 22 litres of juice.

I belive it is superior to the regular juices that come in the 18 litre buckets - not as acid. I find the finished product similar to LCBO's Gray Fox. I used to do the crushed grapes but like you said, its a lot of fuss and work.

Culotta Grapes & Darrigo's Grape Juice Limited

Address: 90 Caledonia Park
Phone: (416) 656-2201

Cheers!

jmb