labruscagrape - Re: [OFEX] Wal-mart Wine

labruscagrape@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Ontario Fruit Explorers

  • From: "Thomas Olenio" <tolenio@sentex.net>
  • To: "Ontario Fruit Explorers" <labruscagrape@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [OFEX] Wal-mart Wine
  • Date: Sat, 04 Nov 2006 08:39:24 -0500

Joe,

Being from the States, wine is cheap, taxes are expensive.

We could buy gallon jugs of "table wine" in New Hampshire for a few dollars. I particularly liked the Ernest & Julio Gallo jugs. They were also selling inexpensive box wines 20 years ago.

When I came to Ontario I started making wine. Taxes made it too expensive to buy.

Later,
Tom