internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Someone's copied my entire site!

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Steven Champeon <schampeo AT hesketh.com>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Someone's copied my entire site!
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 17:20:25 -0500

on Thu, Jan 15, 2009 at 05:09:47PM -0500, Michael Czeiszperger wrote:

> On Jan 15, 2009, at 2:51 PM, Steven Champeon wrote:
> > Anyway, try to get it taken down with a DCMA takedown notice to
> > High Speed Web.
>
> We're trying that now. FYI, we tried contacting the domain name
> registrar, and they claim ICANN regulations don't cover this.

Good luck getting anything done that has anything to do with ICANN.
They're the living embodiement of Clark's Law. (Not Clarke's Law,
Clark's Law). Or maybe the version where "corruption" replaces
"cluelessness".

I'm thinking this is what you're looking for, though:

http://www.icann.org/en/udrp/

Specifically, section 4 a iii

http://www.icann.org/en/dndr/udrp/policy.htm

Steve