internetworkers - [internetworkers] Someone's copied my entire site!

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Michael Czeiszperger <michael AT czeiszperger.org>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [internetworkers] Someone's copied my entire site!
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 14:07:58 -0500

I've got someone working their way through the list of copyright infringements, and he found our entire site has been duplicated to a misspelled version of our domain name!  Its identical except for the contact information and ads at the bottom, which is the most likely motivation. Its hosted off-shore, so I assume copyright laws don't apply, damn it.

Its taking some time to go through the hundreds of infringements, so there's probably some more nasty surprises waiting for me.

Michael Czeiszperger
Chapel Hill, NC

"He who is tired of Weird Al is tired of life." - H. Simpson