internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Someone's copied my entire site!

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Jeremy Portzer <jeremyp AT pobox.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Someone's copied my entire site!
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 10:04:54 +1100

Michael Czeiszperger wrote:
On Jan 18, 2009, at 11:28 PM, David Matusiak wrote:

Ditto. Michael, have you tried contacting the infringer directly?
They subtly changed info on their contact page, and I wonder if they
would actually respond to communications sent their way.

http://webperformaceinc.com/company/default.htm

The phone number is bogus, and I assume everything else is too as per Steve's research.

What's the point, then? The site doesn't appear to have any ads... maybe they'll be added later? Unless it's just some competitor who's trying to torpedo your business by providing false contact info, making prospective customers give up? That seems unlikely but I suppose anything's possible...

--Jeremy