internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Someone's copied my entire site!

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Steven Champeon <schampeo AT hesketh.com>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Someone's copied my entire site!
  • Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2009 23:36:50 -0500

on Sat, Jan 17, 2009 at 10:52:46AM -0500, Michael Czeiszperger wrote:
> At least the offending site is down. From what Steve said I'm
> assuming taking the domain name away from the offending owner would
> take quite a bit more time.

I reported a few domains back in 2003, they'd been joe-jobbing me
(or, if you're particular about the term "joe job", they'd been
sending spam with a forged address in my domain) to the tune of 100K
bounces a day, and it took ICANN a *year* to revoke the registrations.

This even though the FTC had *fined* the bastard a month later, which
is how we knew who he was.

ICANN is useless.

--
hesketh.com/inc. v: +1(919)834-2552 f: +1(919)834-2553 w: http://hesketh.com/