internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] N.C. Bill Limiting Municipal Internet

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Andrew C. Oliver" <acoliver AT buni.org>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] N.C. Bill Limiting Municipal Internet
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 20:00:13 -0400

Intrex

nope. DSL not available in my area

Speakeasy

nope. DSL not available in my area

Bellsouth

nope, we have verizon. They do not choose to offer DSL in my area.

Clearwire

nope

Hughes Satellite

satellite is not feasible (I need > dialup going up as well)

Wild Blue Satellite

satellite is not feasible (I need > dialup going up as well)

Time Warner Cable

the only available in most of Durham Co. And they know it too. They don't even try that hard at cable anymore. when my tv started scrambling, I noticed the bar downtown and several other commercial places as well...As luck would have it they fixed it with a signal booster...but my understanding is that probably killed some other poor sap's signal as well :-)

My point? The triangle area on the whole is under-served especially given its main industries.
--
Buni Meldware Communication Suite
http://buni.org