internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Gas Grill Advice

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: David Minton <dminton AT mindspring.com>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Gas Grill Advice
  • Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 12:46:23 -0400

I have a Weber Genesis Silver (three burner). Which I have had for 5 or 6
years now. I replaced the grates so far, and could stand to replace some of
the other minor parts, but it is still working fine. I purchased based on
the Cook's Illustrated review.

I didn't get the side burner, and haven't missed it, though it has been
pointed out to me it is nice to have in case of power failure, if you have
an electric stove. I have a gas stove in the house now, and hope that will
work during the next extended power outage.

A nice thing about it--if you want a good sear, it will heat over 550
degrees (the highest my thermometer reads).

David