internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Gas Grill Advice

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: DonBartholf AT aol.com
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Gas Grill Advice
  • Date: Sat, 9 Jun 2007 20:56:41 EDT

I urge caution if you are grilling inside a screened porch. I've had some spectacular flame ups that might have burned more than the roast if they had been inside my screened porch.

With regards to hooking up to the house gas supply. I'm surprised that you do not have a threaded fitting somewhere to make the transition. Lowes has a kit to convert to house gas. Do not use air line fittings! Install a gas rated shut off valve on the grill line and turn it off each time you finish. You don't want to be paying for a 500 gal leak. I use gas from my in ground tank. I never run out and the price is much better than the 20 lb tank refills.

Don

See what's free at AOL.com.