internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Gas Grill Advice

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Roger Austin <raustin3 AT nc.rr.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Gas Grill Advice
  • Date: Sat, 09 Jun 2007 18:52:42 -0400

Steven Champeon wrote:
Can you tell us more about what you need? We got the Webber Genesis
Silver last year and like it a lot (it was recommended by the folks
at Cook's Illustrated) but it all depends on what you're looking for.
It doesn't have a side burner for beans, for example.

Good point Steve,
One of the problems I have is that I am wavering over things
like the side burner. We do a lot of cooking outside on our
screened porch in the hot days of summer with a convection oven
and a crockpot. I look at this as an addition to our outdoor
kitchen so I figure a side burner would be a big asset, but I
don't know how well the side burners work.
Cost isn't as much a factor as convenience and flexibility. I
definitely don't want to buy less than I need. I've used a number
of grills over the years, but have not been in the market in
years.
We live in the woods so charcoal is out of the question. I don't
want to wake up to a forest fire. Also, I want the convenience of
cooking for two or a dozen at a moments notice. I figure that the
surface needs to hold about a dozen burgers or sausages. It needs
to have enouth surface to grill some main entrees and veggies at
the same time.
Great points from the other messages on multiple burners and what
to look for in grates. Any thoughts on where to shop? I figured on
going to Lowe's to look at them, but I wondered if there were any
special grill places you have shopped. We are near Ridge Road in
Raleigh, but I'm willing to travel if it is worth it.
Thanks, Roger
--
Visit http://www.misshunt.com/ for fun and creative items including
the famous Clean/Dirty dishwasher magnet, now available in velcro.