internetworkers - [internetworkers] Repiping Recommendations

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Paul Cory" <paulcory AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [internetworkers] Repiping Recommendations
  • Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 16:58:56 -0500

First, thanks to everyone for the help with the hot water heater.

Long story short, the water heater situation is back to diagosis mode
because it turns out we had a set of leaks in a hot water pipe in our
crawl space. Should having that fixed not fix the hot water problem, I
now have the part on hand to replace the lower element.

However, this latest pipe break has convinced us that the time has
come to repipe the house to eliminate the crappy polybutylene pipes.
We figure that this will pay for itself in 4-6 years, given how often
we've been having plumbers out.

Has anyone done this? What did it cost? Recommendations?

Paul