internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] iPhone is useless

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Phillip Rhodes <mindcrime AT cpphacker.co.uk>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] iPhone is useless
  • Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 12:39:27 -0500

Tanner Lovelace wrote:
"It's really a shame Apple isn't currently opening up the iPhone for
3rd party development. It seems like a missed opportunity to me."

is more likely to generate a conversation than this "whine":

"Umm, hello, but what freaking good is a handheld computing /
communication device if you can't run your chosen application(s)
on it / write applications for it?"

You're smart, so I'm sure you can see the difference.
Yep, the first one is boring and dull. :-)

If you're
going to whine, then you'll need to be prepared for the consequences.
Heh, you know me Tanner, I'm all about that. But even if I "accept the consequences" of knowingly
choosing a certain approach to something, doesn't mean I don't reserve the right to disagree, elaborate
or whatever. Of course no one is bound, in turn, to accept that, but that's OK too.
If you want to start a conversation, then start a conversation, but
please, leave the whining at home.
But if I can start a conversation while simultaneously having a little fun by being a
little bit provocative, then so much the better! :-)

TTYL,

Phil

--
http://www.linkedin.com/in/philliprhodes

begin:vcard
fn:Phillip Rhodes
n:Rhodes;Phillip
adr:;;P.O. Box 16905;Chapel Hill;NC;27516;USA
email;internet:mindcrime AT cpphacker.co.uk
tel;home:919-928-0236
url:http://www.linkedin.com/in/philliprhodes
version:2.1
end:vcard