internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] iPhone is useless

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Tony Spencer <tony AT tonyspencer.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] iPhone is useless
  • Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 11:04:05 -0500

Oh man that stinks.

Hopefully someone will crack it quickly.

On Jan 12, 2007, at 10:44 AM, Phillip Rhodes wrote:

I don't get the buzz and hype around this iPhone Apple is putting out. You
can't even run 3rd party applications on it.

<http://www.nytimes.com/2007/01/11/technology/11cnd-apple.html? _r=1&oref=slogin>
<http://apple.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=07/01/12/0430200>

Umm, hello, but what freaking good is a handheld computing / communication
device if you can't run your chosen application(s) on it / write applications for it?
Assuming - for the sake of argument - that one would typically one carry around
one such device, I don't see how carrying this thing is any more useful than carrying a brick.
Or, well, at least any more useful than any other generic cellphone.

TTYL,

Phillip

--
http://www.linkedin.com/in/philliprhodes