internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] iPhone is useless

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Phillip Rhodes <mindcrime AT cpphacker.co.uk>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] iPhone is useless
  • Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 11:32:15 -0500

zman wrote:
On Fri, 12 Jan 2007, Phillip Rhodes wrote:
Aarrgh. I guess I forgot rule #1 of the INW List: "Do not say anything
negative about Apple, Apple Products or Steve Jobs." ;-)

It has it's faults but whining on here really isn't gonna change anything,
No, but it might spawn an interesting conversation about the pros and cons of the iPhone
allowing (or not, as the case may be) 3rd party apps... A conversation that might reveal
something about the attitudes people have relative to treating their phones as application
platforms, and say something about what people are interested in using smart-phone/pda/wireless
devices for.

That's really what I was getting at, sparking a conversation. But really, what's the fun
in posting some dry, boring shit like "hey, who wants to talk about what kinds of things
you can use a wireless/handheld mobile computing / communication device for?" :-)

TTYL,

Phil

--
http://www.linkedin.com/in/philliprhodes

begin:vcard
fn:Phillip Rhodes
n:Rhodes;Phillip
adr:;;P.O. Box 16905;Chapel Hill;NC;27516;USA
email;internet:mindcrime AT cpphacker.co.uk
tel;home:919-928-0236
url:http://www.linkedin.com/in/philliprhodes
version:2.1
end:vcard