internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] iPhone?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Michael Williams" <michael AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] iPhone?
  • Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 09:48:41 -0500

On 1/10/07, Paul Jones <pjones AT metalab.unc.edu> wrote:
1) wash face more often

Damn, Paul, did I kick your dog on the way to my inbox?

2) video ipod + phone + wifi device + pda + maps = iphone; cost more when
purchased separately

Yeah, but I already have A, B, C and can get E via C (my laptop). And
when the it-does-everything phone dies, you lose everything. That's
not a criticism of the iPhone in particular, though, but of all
all-in-one devices.

I don't think anyone who buys an iPhone is an idiot. I'm thrilled
that it's with Cingular, because that's what I use and I've liked them
a lot. I just don't see myself totally buying the hype.

--
Michael G. Williams
michael AT metalab.unc.edu