internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Bush Support Among Repulibcans (was Re: funny bumpersticker)

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Tony Spencer <tony AT tonyspencer.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Bush Support Among Repulibcans (was Re: funny bumpersticker)
  • Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 00:06:05 +0100

Title: Re: [internetworkers] Bush Support Among Repulibcans (was Re: funny bumpersticker)
No doubt that what I feel about the party comes from my very small sample size of people I encounter day to day.

On 9/25/06 2:57 PM, "Michael Czeiszperger" <michael AT czeiszperger.org> wrote:

On Sep 21, 2006, at 12:24 PM, Tony Spencer wrote:

> Oh, and I don’t agree with your point about the main supporters not
> realizing the administration’s policies aren’t conservative.  On
> the contrary I think most of us republicans are very unhappy with
> the administration and as a result the party is going to suffer at
> the polls in November.

I was thinking about your post, and remembered this site which
summarizes political polls:

http://www.pollingreport.com

CBS/New York Times Poll Sept 15-19th:

"Do you approve or disapprove of the way George W. Bush is handling
the situation with Iraq?"

Among Republicans, 69% approve, 27% disapprove, and 4% unsure
compared to 11% approve, 86% disapprove, and 3% unsure for Democrats,
and 62%, 32%, and 6% among Independents.  Although this question has
been asked for years, they unfortunately they don't list the values
broken down by party, so its impossible to track support by party.

Los Angeles Times/Bloomberg Poll Sep. 16-19:
"Would you say the country is better off because of George W. Bush's
policies and should proceed in the direction he set out, or do you
think the country is not better off and needs to move in a new
direction?"

The president enjoys a 74% approval rating among Republicans on this
one, compared to the 69% approval rate specifically on the handling
of Iraq.

I'm not trying to read anything specific into these numbers, but if
anyone knows of a tracking poll that records Bush support broken down
by party please let me know.

Michael Czeiszperger
Chapel Hill, NC
michael AT czeiszperger.org