internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] also not about bumperstickers

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: matusiak <dave AT matusiak.org>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] also not about bumperstickers
  • Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 13:56:29 -0400

On Sep 21, 2006, at 11:44 AM, Lance A. Brown wrote:

Greg Brown wrote:
What truly amazes me in the amount of Bush/Cheney stickers you *still*
see on cars. Are these people just too lazy to remove these things?
They can't possible outwardly support the torturing idiot at this
point. Or the other one that likes to get drunk and shoot at lawyers.

You gotta be kidding, right? Go read the letters to the editor in the
Durham Herald Sun from a few days ago. Two different people from
Hillsborough were defending Bush vociferously. :-(

It amazes me how many folks are still strongly behind him.

My numbered list is a bit different than Michael's. While his Top 3 list seeks to enumerate reasons cited by perpetual supporters of the Bush Administration, my Top 5 list exists merely to explain why things remain the way they are (i.e. no impeachment proceedings) and why we will probably get Jeb Bush (R-FL) or George Allen (R-VA) for President in 2008.

1. "Bush has balls." (direct quote heard several times)
2. The cable TV still works.
3. The "fact" that there have been no further terrorist attacks
on US soil since 9/11 is "proof" that everything is fine.
4. The beer truck still gets to the grocery store 5 days a week.
5. Jesus is Lord.

These five simple truisms trump anything the heathen "Liberals" have to say.

All we need is for some completely hated Democrat like Hillary Clinton (doesn't she know the meaning of the word 'taint'?) or some pointless dummkopf Independent like Ralph Nader (I hope he is happy with himself) to screw up the Presidential election AGAIN and we will have 8 more years of Bush-flavored tyranny. I guaran-damn-tee it.

Fear of oppression used to motivate this country to be the best in the world. Now, it is fear of change, fear of "The Other" that motivates us to hate and oppress everything non-white, non-Christian, non-"American."

Thank you, Bush Family! Thank you, oil companies! And a big, hearty THANK YOU to all the free thinkers who voted him into office (either time).

dave m.