internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] funny bumpersticker

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Greg Brown" <gwbrown1 AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] funny bumpersticker
  • Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 12:43:53 -0400

That is just one example.  I remember that case "breaking"

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/middle_east/july-dec05/media_12-02.html

Spending millions of dollars this country doesn't have to run false reports in "free media" is criminal.

I, for one, am totally disgusted with President Bush.  Any supporter, at this point, of the Iraq war I hope is voted out regardless of party affiliation, especially Joe Lieberman.  Granted, most us and the members of Congress were lied to when they voted to invade (I, for one, still did not agree with this war and stated as much to my fellow government workers at the time).  The ill gotten war has cost us billions and there is no telling how many Iraqis have died as a cause of it.

The Iraq nation is heading straight for civil war and there is little we can do to stop it.  The decision to invade Iraq will rank high on the list of the most ridiculous actions ever undertaken by any country at any time.  I feel the worst for the soldiers on the ground, not to mention the ones recovering in hospitals, and worst still for the ones underground.  They were mislead by a dim-minded President and put in harm's way and should not have ever been placed in that situation.

But Iraq aside I hope that he is brought up on charges for everything else he has done.  The torture, the total trampling of the Constitution, disregard for the Geneva convention, the list goes on and on. If he was not President of the US he would be on trial right now.  American has suffered possibly irreparable harm under this administration.  Our image is tarnished and may never recover.

How this man can claim he is a Christian with all he has done is beyond me.

On 9/21/06, Michael Czeiszperger < michael AT czeiszperger.org> wrote:

On Sep 21, 2006, at 11:51 AM, Steven Champeon wrote:

> That's assuming the editorials weren't just astroturf. Did you search
> on certain key phrases in the editorials? In the past, such heartfelt
> editorials have been revealed to be nothing more than bogus efforts to
> promote utterly false "grassroots" feelings.

I'm sure there's astroturfing going on around the country, but the
administration does have actual supporters, even around here.

There was an interview last week with a US student who was an
"intern" in Iraq for a media company who's job was to place fake news
in the Iraqi media.  They were hired by the US Military, who would
hand them stories, and his job was to pay editors in Iraqi papers to
run the stories.  Those stories would then be cited by those in the
US as evidence of the "good news" that isn't being reported in the
US.   In the end the US Military was paying millions of dollars to,
in effect, spread propaganda through not only Iraq, but the US as
well.  The intern said the amount of money involved was staggering,
as everyone in the chain required a bribe.

Michael Czeiszperger
Chapel Hill, NC
michael AT czeiszperger.org

---