internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] funny bumpersticker

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Michael Czeiszperger <michael AT czeiszperger.org>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] funny bumpersticker
  • Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 11:59:54 -0400

On Sep 21, 2006, at 11:44 AM, Lance A. Brown wrote:

It amazes me how many folks are still strongly behind him.

The reason is they have a different set of facts than the rest of us. If you go and read the right-wing blogs, they believe:

1. Iraq had a connection to 9/11 and had WMDs.
2. Things are going great in Iraq.
3. The attacks in Iraq are all by Al-Qaeda, and the people there love us.

This is mostly attributable to Fox News, which leaves one with the impression that these are the official positions of the Bush Administration. I've posted on conservative blogs, and the strange thing to me is people believe #1 even though the official reports from the administration say otherwise.

My impression is that the Bush Administration's main supporters are religious conservatives, who are more interested in supporting one of their own, and thus don't notice that the administration's policies aren't actually conservative.

Michael Czeiszperger
Chapel Hill, NC
michael AT czeiszperger.org