internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] funny bumpersticker

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Lance A. Brown" <lance AT bearcircle.net>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] funny bumpersticker
  • Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 12:01:08 -0400

Steven Champeon wrote:
>>You gotta be kidding, right? Go read the letters to the editor in the
>>Durham Herald Sun from a few days ago. Two different people from
>>Hillsborough were defending Bush vociferously. :-(
>>
>>It amazes me how many folks are still strongly behind him.
>

> That's assuming the editorials weren't just astroturf. Did you search
> on certain key phrases in the editorials? In the past, such heartfelt
> editorials have been revealed to be nothing more than bogus efforts to
> promote utterly false "grassroots" feelings.

First off, they were letters to the editor, not editorials. Isn't there
a difference? I thought editorials were written by the paper, or people
at the paper, and letters to the editor are just that.

I hadn't considered that people may be astroturfing letters to the
editor, which I find a heinous idea but entirely within the realm of
today's political discourse, unfortunately. Do you have any references
on this I could use to educate myself?

--[Lance]

--
Celebrate The Circle http://www.celebratethecircle.org/