internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] MacBook Pro and Boot Camp

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Alex Wilson <alex AT awstudios.net>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] MacBook Pro and Boot Camp
  • Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 09:15:52 -0400

On 5/17/06 9:04 AM, "Greg Brown" <gwbrown1 AT gmail.com> wrote:

> I wonder what the specs on the MacBook vs. the MacBook Pro will be. I have
> to admit, I'm kind os smitten with that black 13" MacBook announced
> yesterday. Apple has finally allowed the MacBooks to use desktop extension
> using an external monitor, something that was always a shortcoming with the
> iBook line (even though it could be done with 3rd part software). Anyway,
> with the MacBook I wonder do I need a MacBook pro?

The big disadvantage I can see of the MacBook vs the Pro is that the former
has integrated graphics: the system and the graphics card share RAM which
can weaken the performance of both. What are your primary uses for the
computer?

Regardless, I'd wait for a rev of either computer before purchasing. No
company gets it entirely right the first time.

Alex.

--
http://www.alexwilson.com
http://www.telltaleweekly.org