internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] MacBook Pro and Boot Camp

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Ryan Cox" <ryan.a.cox AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] MacBook Pro and Boot Camp
  • Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 09:10:38 -0400

This is a good side by side:

http://store.apple.com/Catalog/US/Images/comparison_chart.html?siteID=lw9MynSeamY-YeeW149Vmk0SuMTYMKvCrw

On 5/17/06, Greg Brown <gwbrown1 AT gmail.com> wrote:
I wonder what the specs on the MacBook vs. the MacBook Pro will be.  I have to admit, I'm kind os smitten with that black 13" MacBook announced yesterday.  Apple has finally allowed the MacBooks to use desktop extension using an external monitor, something that was always a shortcoming with the iBook line (even though it could be done with 3rd part software).   Anyway, with the MacBook I wonder do I need a MacBook pro?

Greg

On 5/16/06, zman < zman AT shell.neverwhere.org> wrote:
On Tue, 16 May 2006 cthomson AT firestreammedia.com wrote:
> Does anyone have any experience with the MacBook Pro in general and with
> Boot Camp?

I have a MacBook Pro, but why would you even deal with Boot Camp when you
can juts run Windows or your fav distro of *nix in virtualization.

I'm using http://www.parallels.com/ to run XP on mine. If I have to reboot
it's not worth it...

Scott H. Zekanis
zman AT kungfumonkey.com
http://www.rod-o-rama.com
http://www.thehellbenders.com
1960 International B100
1923 Buick Roadster (Dual Quad 425" Nailhead)
1990 Ducati 750 Sport
---
Come and play at the InterNetWorkers Web site!   http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

Come and play at the InterNetWorkers Web site!  http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/