internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] TW DVR to PC/DVD

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Lyman Green <lymang AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] TW DVR to PC/DVD
  • Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2006 16:00:30 -0500

So here's my question to all of you using Tivo's and alternatives to
the TWC DVR. Do your alternatives have more than one tuner in them
and if so can they take advantage of that on the TWC signal? Also to
top it off, are any of them High Def capable?

I am currently using the TWC HD DVR (the 8300HD) and while in many
ways it sucks, it also has some really, really nice features (PIP, 2
tuners, and in fact I can be taping 2 things and watching another
thing if it's something I've already recorded)
. If I switched to an alternative it would have to record content in
High Def, and it would have to be able to support two tuners so I
could get more than one thing recorded or watched at the same time.

Lyman