internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] TW DVR to PC/DVD

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Tony Spencer" <tony AT tonyspencer.com>
  • To: "'Tom Caswell'" <derpimpkar AT yahoo.com>, "'Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/'" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] TW DVR to PC/DVD
  • Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2006 10:59:27 -0500

> Have you seen the WebGuide for it? If you have XM radio you
> can link it up too.

No but that's fantastic! I have installed another plugin that allows me to
stream internet radio that works great.

> What TV tuner are you using? I've found the PC cards
> actually clean up a cable signal substantially. I always
> felt the Tivo created a mildly snowy picture from the MPEG encoding.

I use Hauppauge WinTV-PVR-150 and it has been flawless. I can't seen any
difference between the original signal and the encoded. I record on the
highest quality setting.

My only problem is that I often can't play DivX video through MCE even
though I have the codec installed and can play it fine on Windows Media
Player.