internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Cingular Phone Advice

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Tom Karches <tkarches AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Cingular Phone Advice
  • Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2005 12:28:59 -0400

On 10/14/05, David Minton <dminton AT mindspring.com> wrote:
> I am looking for advice on selecting a phone compatible with the Cingular
> Network. One of my main goals is to be able to synch with OS X via iSync and
> bluetooth, but the most important thing is a quality phone that works well
> as a phone. I have been reading reviewed on phonescoop.com and people seem
> to have problems with everything--very troubling.

I believe that all the Nokia Series 60 phones (like the 6682; I have a
3650) should work
fine with iSync. I have been using my Nokia 3650 with iSync for the
past 2 years and have generally have had very little trouble. This may
not seem important, but the Nokias seem to have the best cameras in
terms of image quality.

My wife has a Sony-Ericsson T616 which also works with iSync. I
personally find its' GUI to be puzzling and it is a bit too small for
my tastes. The T616 camera is really crappy also.

You also might consider buying a phone outright from eBay or
elsewhwere to avoid having to sign a long term (2 year) contract. Just
about any GSM phone should work with the Cingular network.

Tom

--
Tom Karches
tkarches AT gmail.com