internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Cingular Phone Advice

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Matt Pusateri" <mpusateri AT wickedtrails.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Cingular Phone Advice
  • Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 12:08:28 -0400 (EDT)

Dave,

I have a V551, but no osX, I been able to get some of the bluetooth
working with linux, but haven't had time to get syncing working. My
newphew has a razr and it appears to have the same OS as the V551. I
know he has a mac and transfers ringtones all the time. Although
since he's 13 I doubt he's tried to use isync to sync his phone book
and or calendar. I know the old Sony Ericson's T616, T68, worked
great with bluetooth and OS x. I don't know how the S710 relates
though.

I have heard that the Motorola support for bluetooth transfers is
weak. I wonder if they locked some of the obex functions like
verizon did. You might be better buying and unlocked phone and then
activating it on your cingular account.

While not a huge fan of Tigerdirect.com, I do know they have started
selling unlocked phones.

Matt P.