internetworkers - [internetworkers] Cingular Phone Advice

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: David Minton <dminton AT mindspring.com>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [internetworkers] Cingular Phone Advice
  • Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 11:52:11 -0400

I am looking for advice on selecting a phone compatible with the Cingular
Network. One of my main goals is to be able to synch with OS X via iSync and
bluetooth, but the most important thing is a quality phone that works well
as a phone. I have been reading reviewed on phonescoop.com and people seem
to have problems with everything--very troubling.

Here are the models I have been considering, in no particular order:

Motorola V551
Motorola RAZR V3
Sony Ericsson S710
Nokia 6682

I am hoping to pay less than $200 (with a 2-year contract), so I am not
considering the more expensive phones like the Trio.

Anyone with an experience, good or bad, with these models?

Thanks,
David