internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] no more property rights (does anybody care?)

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Greg Brown <gwbrown1 AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] no more property rights (does anybody care?)
  • Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 13:36:01 -0400

I remember that beer commercial from the early 80s.. something about
two brothers owning a bar that had been in the family forever.
Someone wanted to put a big building up and they refused to sell, so
they built the building around the bar. Now, I guess, that kind of
thing wouldn't happen in many states.

On thing though: from the way I read the court ruling the land has to
be seized for "joint public/private development". Granted, this kind
of development is just about every kind that involves a city or town
council, even at a basic level of involvement.

I'd say I guess my retirement home will be in the swamps of Florida
but Disney might level my shack for another roller-coaster. Whoopie.

Greg