internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] no more property rights (does anybody care?)

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Michael Czeiszperger <michael AT czeiszperger.org>
  • To: raustin3 AT nc.rr.com, "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] no more property rights (does anybody care?)
  • Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2005 12:01:56 -0400

On Jun 24, 2005, at 11:44 AM, Roger Austin wrote:

In Raleigh, city inspectors can come on your property and cite you
for an almost infinite number of things and the council can force
you to make repairs or changes. [...]

We as citizens
have asked them to do these things to protect our property values.
The rub is when they do it to you rather than your neighbor who
has a dump in his back yard.

That's exactly right! The relationship between city governments and the people who live in the cities goes bad with the government is seen as "them" instead of an arm of the collective citizenry. In my experience the more one becomes acquainted with the mundane facts of running a municipality the more sense their decisions make.

Ending a sentence with a preposition is nothing to be ashamed of.
-- michael at czeiszperger dot org, Chapel Hill, NC