internetworkers - [internetworkers] Anyone want a rack mount Dell server?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Kurt Schlatzer" <kurt AT kurtschlatzer.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [internetworkers] Anyone want a rack mount Dell server?
  • Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 20:52:46 -0400

I need to unload a Dell PowerEdge 2450 2U Rack Server to offset some serious
veterinary bills. This server was given to me by a friend a few years ago
and it's been stored (in a cool, dry place) ever since.

I'll throw in a SonicWall Pro firewall (no cables), an older but working
monitor, a keyboard of similar vintage, and a mouse. I also have an unused
rack mounting kit (rails and all) to go with it.

Specs:

* Great condition: clean inside, a little dusty outside.
* Dell PowerEdge 2450 2U Rack Server
* Dual Pentium III 733 MHz Processors
* 1 GB of RAM
* Two (2) 18 GB Hard Drives (not sure what's on 'em)
* Two (2) Redundant 330W Power Supplies
* Integrated 10/100 NIC
* Floppy Drive
* HP SureStore 24GB Dat Drive
* CD-ROM Drive
* Three (3) PCI Slots
* Rear Inputs/Outputs
o Two (2) Serial Ports
o Two (2) USB Ports
o One (1) VGA Port
o One (1) Printer/Parallel Port
o Keyboard
o Mouse
* Windows 2000 Server (don't have password)

I booted it up a few minutes ago and everything seems to be just fine. I
don't have the admin password, so I couldn't log in. Boot was smooth though
and the beast is purring normally.

All this can be yours for $250 (or best offer by Wednesday). I'll even
deliver it within the Triangle area. Cash preferred.

Kurt Schlatzer
www.kurtschlatzer.com

  • [internetworkers] Anyone want a rack mount Dell server?, Kurt Schlatzer, 06/27/2005