internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] OT: In Florida, shoot first, ask questions later

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Roger Austin <raustin3 AT nc.rr.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] OT: In Florida, shoot first, ask questions later
  • Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 23:21:20 -0400

David Minton wrote:
I think cars are probably the most dangerous weapon in the hands of the
average American. According to the CDC, more than 500,000 hospitalizations
and 41,000 deaths are attributed to car accidents each year in this country
<http://www.cdc.gov/ncipc/duip/mvsafety.htm>.

I would be surprised if motor vehicles were classified as weapons.
They have so many other uses. If you look at the frequency of use
of motor vehicles and guns, I would guess that guns would come out
as more dangerous even given the large values of casualties on the
roads.
Remember, never point a pickup at anyone, loaded or not.
--
Visit http://www.misshunt.com/ for fun and creative items including
the famous Clean/Dirty dishwasher magnet, now available in velcro.