internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] OT: In Florida, shoot first, ask questions later

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Michael Czeiszperger <michael AT czeiszperger.org>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] OT: In Florida, shoot first, ask questions later
  • Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 22:38:14 -0400

On Apr 26, 2005, at 10:17 PM, David Minton wrote:

Good point as well. I think we need more traffic laws. I am sure if we have
more traffic laws, traffic related deaths will go down. How about we control
the type of car you can drive. Some cars are obviously too dangerous, like
ones with spoilers, or mag wheels, or red paint. Cars like that look like
they are more likely to be in accidents, so we should probably ban them.

Come on, David, now you're being silly! Vehicles have to meet a minimum level of emissions because high levels of pollution are a health hazard. Vehicles have to meet a minimal level of safety because they would be a danger to the other vehicles. We have rules like driving on the same side of the street because without it transportation by car would be impractically dangerous.
michael at czeiszperger dot org | "Kindness knows no shame"
Chapel Hill, NC USA | -- S. Wonder