internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Mac Questions

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Tom Boucher <trekkie AT nomorestars.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Mac Questions
  • Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2005 16:02:15 -0500

On Feb 16, 2005, at 11:22 AM, zman wrote:

On Wed, 16 Feb 2005, Evan Zimmerman wrote:
You could put it in your car if you can get power hooked up, but to my
knowledge it will only accept an Apple wireless card, which means
you'd need to be close to an access point to have wireless.

Hunh? Maybe the older powerbooks, but the iBooks, my cube, my G4 tower all get as good if not better reception than the Dell laptops from work.... Hmmm...

I have an iBook G4 (newest), Powerbook G4 12" Rev A, an iMac G4, and an iMac G5 in my house. I also have a Thinkpad X40 from work.

The Powerbook G4 12" is the worst reception wise. Not sure if it is the design of the antennae, the metal, the phase of the moon or what but where I get 3 - 4 bars (almost max) with the others I get 1 - 2 bars with the PowerBook.

But I still get signal anywhere in my place. of course it could be because I have two AEBS and two AXs scatter around the place. But I've never had a problem with reception.