internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Apple goes for market share

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: matusiak <dave AT matusiak.org>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Apple goes for market share
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 13:38:01 -0500

<jumping into the fray>

i think it is unfair to compare "lab machines" with personal home machines. the type of use (heh... ABuse) that goes on with public machines puts the wear and tear argument out the window when you wanna compare it to a one or two user, coupla hours a day home machine.

</deJump>

still, i think the conversation is getting a bit eggy as no one is gonna make a christian convert to muslimism and no one is going to get any jews to start eating pork. beliefs and values are (obviously) set in stone at birth and no one is capable of listening to the other side anymore... (let alone going out into that big, scary world a gaining some ... GASP! ... real-world experience of their own).

i will leave you with this. if you haven't been fortunate enough to use a Macintosh since OS X (10.2 -- Jaguar) then i feel really, really, really sorry for you.

dave m.

PS - my work machine (sending this message) is a 667 Mhz PowerBook purchased in October 2001. Running current OS X software (10.3.7) and a huge variety of processor-intensive applications on only 512 MB of RAM. this old dog will kick the sh*t out of any PC i've ever seen or touched. [so, i must be brainwashed by Cupertino, right?]