internetworkers - RE: [internetworkers] Apple goes for market share

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Bill Geschwind" <geschwin AT email.unc.edu>
  • To: "'Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/'" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [internetworkers] Apple goes for market share
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 13:26:43 -0500

If the PCs that you support are gone after 2 years then you must not be
doing a particularly good job supporting them. I support a bunch of PCs at
work, including several hundred 3-5 year old ones and they still work just
fine in a production environment. Also, one of the PCs I have at home is a
PIII 550 with 512 MB of RAM that I built back in '99 and it runs the latest
Windows (XPSP2) just fine. I don't have any experience supporting Macs, so I
will stay out of that argument for now, but the notion that PCs are used up
in just 2 years is just plain ludicrous!

- Bill

Bill Geschwind, CNE, MCSE
Technical Assistance Manager
Student Affairs Technology and Systems Support
03 Teague Hall, CB# 5510
(919) 962-5629
geschwin AT email.unc.edu
http://www.unc.edu/~geschwin